Considering Facelift Surgery? Know Your Technique Options
Because every patient’s face is unique, it’s important that facelift surgery is customized to meet your individual anatomy, needs, and goals. With virtually endless options available for facial rejuvenation surgery, men and women can address a wide variety of concerns and enhance their look at almost any age. Double board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Lee Ann M. Klausner is proud to offer fully customizable facial rejuvenation surgery on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. Read on to learn more about your options for facelift surgery in NYC, and find out which procedure or treatment can best help you achieve your ultimate aesthetic goals.
Am I a candidate for facelift surgery?
Typically, patients considering facelift surgery should be:
- In good health
- Have moderate to advanced signs of facial aging
- Have realistic expectations for their recovery and results
What is the best age for facelift?
In many cases, full facelift surgery is performed on men and women in their 60s or older to reverse more advanced signs of aging, including sagging skin, deep lines and wrinkles, facial folds, and others. However, there are a number of different facelift options available today, many of which are safe and appropriate for younger patients.
Which kind of facelift do I need?
The right kind of facelift for you will depend on the nature and severity of your concerns, your available downtime, your desired outcome, and other factors. Some of the most common facial rejuvenation techniques include:
- Full facelift surgery: Also known as traditional facelift, a full facelift is most often performed on patients 60 years or older who have moderate to severe signs of facial aging. The full facelift involves a lengthier incision than other types of facelift surgery, which allows for a larger amount of skin to be removed and other enhancements to be made.
- Mini facelift: The mini facelift is popular among patients who are younger typically in their 40s-60s who are bothered by the presence of jowls and excess neck skin but may get the necessary correction with shorter incisions. With a less invasive approach and shorter incisions, patients who undergo a mini-lift can expect minimal scarring and a shorter recovery period.
In addition to facelift and mini facelift surgery, Dr. Klausner may recommend a complementary treatment or procedure to further enhance your results. These may include brow lift, eye rejuvenation, neck liposuction, or a nonsurgical treatment, like filler injections. During your initial consultation for facelift surgery in Manhattan, Dr. Klausner will thoroughly evaluate your facial structure, assess your skin laxity, discuss your concerns and goals, and create a personalized treatment plan that best meets your needs.
How long does a facelift last?
Facelift results can vary based on your age, skin elasticity, lifestyle choices, and other factors. For many patients, facelift results can be enjoyed for up to ten years or longer. To maintain a facelift outcome for as long as possible, patients should:
- Avoid sun exposure
- Wear sunscreen
- Not smoke
- Keep the skin hydrated
- Maintain a healthy diet
- Drink plenty of water
- Practice a regular skin care routine
Look up to ten years younger with advanced facelift surgery in New York City
When it comes to facial rejuvenation, every patient will receive a customized treatment. To learn more about these facial rejuvenations and results that are possible with advanced facelift surgery in Manhattan, call to schedule your private consultation with double board certified facial plastic surgeon Dr. Lee Ann M. Klausner at Lee Ann M. Klausner MD, PLLC.